The Cave
April 19, 2024, 11:57:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: -------------------------------- NEW REGISTRATIONS ARE CURRENTLY DISABLED -----------------------------------------

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Your views on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your views on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan  (Read 371 times)
Nikki
Global Moderator

« on: March 26, 2008, 09:41:59 am »

What are your views on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan at the moment?
Report Spam   Logged

http://www.chat-addicts.com - Off Topic Chat Forum

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Val

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »

About time we pulled out of Iraq and got to grips with the drugs in Afghanistan. If they got rid of all the opium fields and replaced them with other crops that paid more money, or even crops that they could sell themselves, maybe the locals would want to get rid of the drug barons.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel Bat
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 12:20:03 pm »

I am agreement about Iraq. The sooner we can get out of there the better.
Our troops are the best in the world and deserve our total support but my reckoning is that the politicians (Blair) never should have got us involved with G.W.Bush's war in the first place.

Thus the holy and righteous jihad against the infidel invaders in Afganistan - just boils down to cut-throat drugs barons protecting their dirty trade.

Dont know why we dont just spray the filthy crop with the strongest plant-killing chemicals available.
Might have to feed the local population for a while but that would still probably be cheaper in the long-run.

Report Spam   Logged

Val

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:24:09 pm »

I saw that as soon as they destroy the crops they are being replanted, what they need to do is give them a crop that is more profitable  the drug barons will go then....hopefully.
Report Spam   Logged

CJ

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »

Our canadian and other nato troops are in Afghanistan as well and It's my understanding that the
purpose of their mission is to try and get the afghan people more self sufficient, which includes
teaching them how to grow different crops etc. Our troops have ended up in the most volatile
region and have had their mission turn into a defensive one while still trying to help the afghan
people get self sufficient. To cut and run now would be irresponsible and would dishonor those
we have lost, who believed in their mission. JMHO 
Report Spam   Logged
Val

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 12:46:13 pm »

I agree CJ, to get them to be self sufficient must be the way forward so they are in a stronger position to rule their own country peacefully. If we pulled out now Afghanistan would just revert back to how it was.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum